Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Paper Towns by John Green


Summary-
Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life - dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues - and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.

Printz medalist John Green returns with the brilliant wit and searing emotional honesty that have inspired a new generation of listeners.


Review-
Yeah, I know. I'm probably the last person in the
world to read this!!! And boy, am I an idiot for waiting this long. This book was extremely good in every single possible way. Paper Towns was written SO freakin' beautifully. It's entertaining, funny, and, most of all, it's real.

Now Kaitlyn, what do you mean "real"?

Well, Kaitlyn, by "real" I mean that it relates to
real people and real feelings. The characters talk like real people, act like real people, and think like real people. The characters really were their own people; they had their own personalities and after I closed the book, I had a hard time remembering that the weren't real, real. Just real.

Too confusing?

Read the book (although I'm pretty sure you already have) and hopefully you get what I mean. Okay, two more things: 1. I am SO freakin' upset that I read this book on the week of finals (which I am almost done with!! :D) and couldn't read it straight through, which I always do for books that I am enjoying. But it's okay! The greatness of the book made up for it. :] 2. I LOVE THIS COVER. I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT,. I. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. IT. I would have definitely pictured Margo just like that. Oh, another thing! HOW AWESOME IS THE NAME "MARGO ROTH SPIEGELMAN"? I am surely naming my kid that.

What do you think about this name?
How about the book?
I wanna hear your thoughts and comments here!


5(000000) stars!

star.png Gold Star image by Dark_Light94star.png Gold Star image by Dark_Light94star.png Gold Star image by Dark_Light94star.png Gold Star image by Dark_Light94star.png Gold Star image by Dark_Light94

Hehe.^

Thanks,

Kaitlyn.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't John Green an amazing writer? This is definitely one of my favorite books of all time. I love the characterization and the dialogue. I actually laugh out loud when I read his books, something that doesn't happen a lot. Oh, and I totally agree about the cover. I actaully own the yellow one, though, I wish I had the blue.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin