Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cathy's Book: If Found Please Call (650)266-8233 by Sean Stewart, Jordan Weisman, and Cathy Brigg


Synopsis-

Things weren't so peachy in Cathy's life before Victor broke up with her. Her father died unexpectedly, she's failing school, and her best friend is mad at her. But now things have suddenly gone from bad to very, very, very, bad. Take Victor, for instance. Sure he looks like he's around Cathy's age, or at least young enough not to make her mother freak out, but what if he's older than he appears? Like maybe 200 years older. And what does the death of Victor's co-worker, the strange mark that appeared on Cathy's arm, and the surreal behavior of several Chinese elders have to do with it?

Review-

Well, let's just say that I thought this book was very interesting. And funny. And totally loveable. :] The first thing that drew me to this book, I have to say, was the drawings and little side notes. I thought that was totally creative and a great way to keep the reader entertained. I also really liked the phone numbers and websites that you could actually call and visit.

Okay, now about the story. I really liked this book because the plot was totally original. Yeah, I've read books about immortals and books written as diaries, but never a book with it all together! I really loved Cathy. She seemed so hysterical and totally artsy. She seemed like she would be such a cool friend to have.

I have to say, I was a teeny, tiny bit confused in the beginning of the book, but I caught up quick and loved the rest of the book!

This was a very different and fun read!

:]

Five Stars!

star.png Gold Star image by Dark_Light94star.png Gold Star image by Dark_Light94star.png Gold Star image by Dark_Light94star.png Gold Star image by Dark_Light94star.png Gold Star image by Dark_Light94

Thanks a bunch,

Kaitlyn:]



3 comments:

  1. This book definitely looks interesting! Good review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting this book for awhile--but I never bought it because it looked a bit cheesy. But I think I will go buy it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, I loved this one too. I'm hoping to read the next two as soon as possible. I loved Cathy and the drawings and all that. Good stuff.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin